Polyamory in the News
. . . by Alan M.



March 16, 2009

Current TV profiles Diana Adams, poly- and sexual-rights lawyer

Current TV

Al Gore's cable TV network, aimed at 18- to 34-year-olds, has been airing a five-minute profile of one of our rising stars: Diana Adams, a sexual civil-rights lawyer in Brooklyn. Diana is also a powerhouse poly activist who helped stage Poly Pride Weekend in New York last October, co-created and co-hosts New York's monthly Polyamory Cocktail Party, and gave the keynote address at last September's Loving More conference/retreat ("This is my poly dream: that every college student in America will know the word polyamory and what it means within five years."). She presented workshops at the Poly Living conferences in 2008 and 2009 and is active in the National Polyamory Leadership Summit, particularly its legal committee and its committee to reach out to TNG, "the next generation" of under-30-year-olds, of which she is one.

From the Current TV video:


I'm really thrilled to be a resource in the polyamory community and the community of people who are forming new kinds of relationships.... I saw that there was a need. For people who are forming new kinds of families, the law hasn't caught up yet. So what can they do, now, to protect their rights and protect themselves until that happens? I'm really passionate in doing that in my lifetime. And I hope that during my lifetime I am able to see change in the way our government appreciates family in our country.


Watch the video.

Diana writes in her Feminist Outlaw newsletter,


They edited out some of the basics on what polyamory is and what I actual DO to help alternative families (I tried to clarify in the comments below the piece on their webtv), but overall, it's a positive portrayal of polyamory and my work, and this is the first time journalists wanted to focus on my career more than my love life, which I appreciate!

Please 'vote it up!' so it will get more circulation, and perhaps join the discussion in the comments.


[Permalink]

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home