Polyamory in the News
. . . by Alan M.



April 28, 2010

Poly jewelry, clothing, and personal displays

Poly infinity-heart pinMessages that you wear or otherwise show off count as "media," right? I sometimes sport a nice little infinity-heart pin (at right) and keep a bunch of them to give to friends. My friend Ken Haslam printed a bumper sticker for his car: Try Polyamory, Release Your Inner Bonobo. You can get hats, buttons, T-shirts, thongs, neckties, coffee mugs, tote bags, throw pillows and other swag with poly mottos that range from the discreet ( I♥>1, or the Modern Poly emoticon infinity heart, <83) to the flagrant ("Bisexual, kinky, polyamorous, horny. And I'm still not sleeping with you").

And ever more nice jewelry.

That favorite infinity heart pin of mine is from speculative-fiction writer Vincent M. Wales, best known for his novel One Nation Under God and founder long ago of the Polyamory Awareness and Acceptance Ribbon Campaign. The pin, the size of a quarter, is colorful, high quality, and for $5 including shipping how can you go wrong? Update: Additional poly pins now available in other designs; same price.

Abzu Designs has a line of poly-themed jewelry in silver, gold, and less expensive metals.

• Tasteful, often understated jewelry from PolyCharms. "Mission: The purpose of PolyCharms is to give the polyamory and non-monogamy community a venue for expressing their individual style through symbolism, wrought in metal and stone."

• Poly dogtags.

• Greeting cards for poly occasions, from Zazzle and CafePress. Happy, sad, raunchy, Hallmark-y, or treacly.

• Loads of other poly stuff is available from Poly Tees and the big, general-interest purveyors Zazzle, CafePress, Spreadshirt, Printfection, and others. At most of these sites you can custom-order stuff with your own message or design, even in single copies.


Updates!

• Here's an illustrated list of some fancy poly jewelry, courtesy of Joreth. Here's another. Joreth runs PolyTees.

Infinity-heart earrings: blue, black and red on white.

• Loads of cool Kimchi Cuddles comic merch (June 2013).

Love Infinitely jewelry by Stephan Moore, who deserves your support.

• Infinity-heart necklaces, earrings, keychains, bracelets from Shielasattic (Dec. 2013).

Poly pride T-shirts and others (Dec. 2013).

Another infinity-heart necklace, super-inexpensive (Jan. 2014).

• Poly designs on pins, shirts etc. etc. from LiveLoudGraphic (July 2014).

[Permalink]

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an unused polyamory CafePress store and would love to add some new designs. Mostly I haven't added anything since when I was creating designs, I was too busy with my bisexual-themed store Random Bi Design and my "Techno-Pagan" store, Technological Pagans. Like LivingLibertine, I am seeking suggestions for Poly-themed designs. I have a few sketches, but I'm not completely happy with any of them at this time. (Contact me via my LJ in the profile or barbarian AT ripco DOT com with suggestions.)

April 28, 2010 12:36 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

Does anyone have a story to tell of discovering a new friend by way of a piece of poly bling or clothing on display? Hasn't happened yet to me.

April 29, 2010 3:03 PM  
Blogger Lady Purl said...

I went beyond jewelry and went ahead and got the poly symbol tattooed on me :} http://ladypurl.blogspot.com/2010/04/little-ink.html It's on the back of my neck, right at the top of my spine, so I'll get to show it off a lot this summer.

Most people don't know what it means, so I just say, "Infinite Love."

May 09, 2010 11:29 PM  
Blogger Flooftail said...

We're trying to simultaneously provide fun poly, nerdy and GLBT friendly products, start some conversation, and save some money to help get our lovely Kitten into the country by making stuff at Zazzle.
http://www.zazzle.com.au/threelittleanimals
There will be heaps more products going up over the coming months, and we have a great deal of fun creating things.
The Clockwork Heart, Polyamorin Molecule and Poly Roger are my favourites!

May 22, 2010 10:07 PM  
Anonymous Serendipity said...

Oh my goodness, I'm just finding this now! Thanks so much for featuring PolyCharms, Alan!

<3 <3 <3

August 02, 2010 10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for this!!!! Tried searching for the perfect poly item a couple years ago and came up short. I am checking out these links now to try again :-)

March 09, 2011 11:42 PM  
Blogger Kittywitch said...

Along the same lines as Poly Tees (I had never heard of them, and managed to create the same thing!) I have a whole slew of poly designs:

http://kittywitch.ndos.net/PolyShirts.html

May 29, 2011 2:04 AM  
Anonymous Joreth said...

Poly Tees offers much more than just shirts. There's a whole line of clothing, including pet and baby clothing, as well as non-apparel like coffee mugs, jewelry, and vinyl stickers.

August 10, 2011 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home